William and Anne (Busby) Nickerson Come to Town

The town at the elbow of Cape Cod was originally known as Monomoyick, named after the Native American tribe prevalent in these parts. In October 1606, when the French explorer Samuel de Champlain and his party arrived, the French sailors famously skirmished with the initially-friendly natives at the place later known as Port Fortune, now …

Read more